Job: Vice President/Associate
Maxim Group Overview:
Founded in 2002, Maxim Group is a leading full-service investment banking, securities and wealth management firm headquartered in New York. We provide a full array of financial services including investment banking; private wealth management; and global institutional equity, fixed income and derivative sales & trading, equity research and prime brokerage services to a diverse range of corporate clients, institutional investors and high net worth individuals.
|| Vice President/Associate
||Base plus bonus
||New York City
Generally responsible for managing, evaluating and overseeing a complete range of investment banking transactions for corporate clients with industry and product expertise to cover clients in the U.S. and globally.
Specifically, assist in evaluation of corporate clients’ strategic positioning and development of recommendations on potential strategic actions and capital raising. Advise clients of the investment banking division on a broad range of transactions including (a) mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and recapitalization; (b) public debt, preferred and equity underwriting; (c) private equity and debt placements; and (d) initial public offerings. Analyze and advise on a broad range of financial matters to companies’ managements, boards and shareholders and coordinate with legal, regulatory, accounting and other advisors. Identify and initiate new domestic and international banking relationships. Develop and maintain key business relationships with senior corporate management and board of directors. Protect the firm as a franchise, managing complicated transactions and flag potential risk/legal/compliance.
Supervisory responsibilities for Vice Presidents and Associates on various banking transactions.
- Master’s or undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related fields plus investment banking as an Associate/Vice President, or related occupation, working with multinational corporate clients for a global financial services firm
- 2 – 6 years of experience including analyzing, advising, developing and executing strategic investment banking transactions in diverse industries. Transaction experience in the following areas: mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, recapitalization advisory, private capital and public equity transactions (i.e. Follow-on, IPO and RD offerings)
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Strong management skills – able to motivate, direct and empower team members through ongoing feedback and coaching
- Strong team player: able contribute to a team environment that balances individual initiative and accomplishments. Ability to work under tight deadlines in a team environment
- Client-centricity – Ability to establish rapport with clients so they feel they have a “personal” relationship with Firm/Division
- Professionalism – recognized for product/financial knowledge, analytical skills and execution experience
- Innovation – able to identify creative solutions in the face of complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Committed to deliver of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
- Proactive; self motivated and goal oriented
- Organizational skills
||Apply Now >>
Individuals seeking employment at Maxim Group are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.