Job: Managing Director
Maxim Group Overview:
Founded in 2002, Maxim Group is a leading full-service investment banking, securities and wealth management firm headquartered in New York. We provide a full array of financial services including investment banking; private wealth management; and global institutional equity, fixed income and derivative sales & trading, equity research and prime brokerage services to a diverse range of corporate clients, institutional investors and high net worth individuals.
|| Managing Director
||Base plus bonus
||New York City
Maxim Group’s Managing Directors represent the leadership of the Firm – identifying new business opportunities, developing deep relationships with clients and prospective clients, targeting and obtaining up new client engagements in capital raising and advisory, as well as leading in the execution of those engagements. By joining a Firm with world-class investment bankers and institutional and retail distribution, Managing Directors can be assured that they will have extraordinary support throughout their business development efforts and in the execution of client engagements. Execution capability is a plus, but business development expertise and potential are critical to success. Successful Managing Directors range from experienced senior-level investment bankers (who have excellent networks to leverage on a full- or part-time basis) to highly motivated young Managing Directors (who are interested in being properly rewarded for their contributions). Our compensation structure rewards and encourages success.
- Develop a network of contacts in relevant fields that will assist the Firm in finding new investment banking clients and expanding relationships with potential investors
- Identify potential buyers and investors that might be interested in a client’s business and participate in contacting these entities on behalf of the client
- Conduct business development activities to identify, source and introduce potential clients for capital raising and advisory assignments
- Participate in the preparation of materials describing the business, market positioning and financial condition of clients
- Ability to find and contact potential clients, with ability to build (or utilize existing) extensive network of potential clients and referral sources
- Entrepreneurial / desire to succeed
- Initiative – must be a self-starter, able to work independently with drive and motivation
- Commercial outlook – desire to make money in cooperation with and alongside the Firm
- Excellent interpersonal communications, listening and sales skills
- Prior experience in investment banking and/or knowledge of the process and client expectations
- Execution skill and capability are a plus, but not required
- Positive personality – should be additive to the office – intelligence and sense of humor
- Highest standards of personal conduct, professional performance and business ethics
- Expertise in a particular industry is not required, but can be leveraged for success
||Apply Now >>
Individuals seeking employment at Maxim Group are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.